Monday, June 6, 2011

Slow Carb Diet Starts Today!

Tim Ferriss has been an inspiration since I read The 4-Hour Workweek. It was an obvious choice to pick up his second book The 4-Hour Body. One major pillar of the book is the "Slow Carb Diet"

The Slow Carb Diet consists of five essential rules:
Rule #1: Avoid “white” carbohydrates (or anything that can be white). 
Rule #2: Eat the same few meals over and over again. 
Rule #3: Don’t drink calories. 
Rule #4: Don’t eat fruit. 
Rule #5: Take one day off per week and go nuts.

Over the course of the next few months, I will be updating this blog as often as I can with the progress of my weight loss along with slow carb recipes, hints, and my workout regime.

Current weight: 179.2 lbs.
Goal weight 155 lbs

I just realized I'm going to have to either update these posts a day later, or post at the end of the night in order to summarize what I've eaten for the day. I'll come up with a system, don't worry. So far here's what my day is looking like:

Breakfast: 3 whole eggs, 3 turkey sausage links
Snack: Large plain coffee from Caribou with Splenda and Cinnamon.

I'm also experimenting with trying to drink a gallon of water per day, we'll see how that goes.

Why am I doing this you may ask? Well, I've been unhappy for my weight for most of my life and I finally have the time to do something about it. I used to look in the mirror and make my bellybutton talk, he would say, "I'm getting rid of you this summer." Now I'm making it a reality, my reality.

Join me as I finally transform myself into the person I've always wanted to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment